Monday 22 February 2016

MEET THE SUBSCRIBERS ~ SHEY

Happy Monday lovelies!

Welcome back to another week - and that means it's time to meet another subscriber!  Today we are going to find out a bit more about Shey!



1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are from. 
My name is Shey (short for Sheylene. A mouthful ah) I'm a central coast girl at heart but live in Lake Macquarie which is equally as lovely. I'm in my 30's & a mumma bear to a beautiful, funny & sassy 10 year old girl who is my world. Huge animal lover especially dogs :) 

 2. When did you start scrapbooking or Pocket Scrapbooking and what drew you to the craft? 
I got invited to a creative memories party plan in my teens; and I completed a layout that day. Loved it, had so much fun. Never really went further with it though as back then I really didn't have many photos and I wasn't quite sure what I would scrap about? So I started making cards & selling them at the local shops; but didn't continue for long. When I had my DD I actually got back into scrapping (traditional) as soon as I had her. I contacted my friend from the original CM party and she was then selling CM as well. So I started - I completed the first year of my daughters life then stopped. Life got busy; was a single mum trying to work & be a mum etc. Eight years later a friend shared a pic on Facebook of an album she was doing for her boys; it was pocket pages & I was intrigued! She also happen to work at a local SS and she said 'come in and I'll get you set up'! As they say the rest is history. My biggest regret was not at least documenting things during my non-scrappy time. I now do mainly pocket pages; however I do traditional, mainly of my favourite photos. 

 3. Name you FIVE favourite supplies and no cheating...only five. 
Boy only 5 lol. a) Enamel dots; b) tape runner Teresa Collins one - love that gun! c) SU trimmer d) thickers & e) pocket pages cards. 

4. What influences you and your style? 
To be honest I don't have a style. I look at so many styles of scrappers and I love them all. I can't decide what my style is so my albums are mish mash in a nice way (I think) I do adore lots of white space.  

5. Who would be at your dream crop night? 
None of my friends scrap, I'd love to convert them so we could have get togethers.   

6. Favourite collection ever released? 
Anything crate paper! 

7. What's your favourite technique currently? 
Water Colouring. I've recently cracked open my paints after watching starsinthepalm & I'm in lurve with them.  

8. Do you love to get messy or keep things clean and simple? 
Both! Don't get messy often but I do enjoy it when I do. I have an art journal that I want to get more into this year. Love my Dyan paints, they are so therapeutic when I use them. Watching inkie quill get messy and seeing what she makes is also inspiring  

9. Favourite colour to scrapbook with? 
Pinks, aqua & gold (sorry can't do just 1) 

10. Which scrappery kits do you subscribe to and why do you love the scrappery? 
PLK & BPK. Love them as you don't have to think when completing a page. They co-ordinate so well together you can make them work with any photo.


1 comment :