Saturday 21 February 2015

TSK CLEO ~ HELLO DARLING ~ SOPHIE

Hi everyone. I'm back with my first layout using January's gorgeous TSK, Cleo. I know I say this every month but this one may have to be my favourite kit so far. I adore this range by Dear Lizzy. The colour scheme is so fresh and funky, I especially love the navy. 

For this layout I was inspired by the geometric hearts I've been seeing all over Pinterest leading up to Valentine's Day. I decided to put my own spin on the design and create a chevron effect at the top of the heart shape. 


I decided to add one of the little ephemera heart in between the paper clip, which I thought was clever and looks super cute.


I used my machine to stitch around each of the triangles, which I think really finishes it off. I also left some threads loose to create a messy, whimsy feel.



I like everyone single one of the ephemera pieces but I especially LOVE the ones with phrases on them.  As a designer and lover of typography they made me happy. I think the 'X O X O' is my favourite. The gradients and choose of typeface just makes my heart happy.

For your entertainment I also create a process video.



Thanks for stopping by today. 
Happy Scrapping,

 photo sophiesig_zpsnqmgpw33.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment