Thursday 19 February 2015

PLK NOVA ~ WEEK 3 PROJECT LIFE SPREAD ~ KAYLA

Hi there lovely blog readers. I am back today to share another one of my Project Life spreads. I have been so proud of myself this year..why? I have kept up with my Project Life! This is a huge thing for me. Usually I am one to start a project and quickly toss it aside. That is why making the odd 12x12 layout was so easy for me. I could sit and do it when I liked and not worry about following a 'schedule'. HOWEVER...I really haven't found it as hard as I first thought it would be. I simply print my photos every week when I drop my son off to his grandmother's for a night stay and sit down when I have my day to myself and scrap that week's photos. I mean I know I am making that probably sound easy, but I am fitting it into my routine really well.

So, without further ado I want to share what I created with this month's beautiful kit NOVA.

I have shown you two images of the spread as I have a 6x8 spread in the middle which you can get a better look of in the process video. It helped me add some more photos to the look of which I had plenty! I absolutely loved combining this kit with these photos as the Dear Lizzy ~ Serendipity range had lots of images like ice creams and strawberries that were perfect to document our trip to the berry patch. I even used the gorgeous gold glasses to document a little card of a book I was reading this week. It just all worked so beautifully.


 

This shows a close up of the weekly title card. I used some of the gold sequin trim that you can also find in the BPK Kit ~ Orla. The gold glittered heart is also from Orla and the chalkboard flag and black number are from my own personal stash.


These are probably some of my favourite couple of cards. I loved the camera card with the smile on it. It was perfect for a simple filler card. I didn't do much other than add a heart and a tiny rhinestone. The other READ card documents a book series I was reading. I used a couple of die cuts from the TSK kit ~ Cleo and some stickers from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet. I wrote directly on this kit, as it had a soft polka dot, it was easy to write on.


Ok I lied, I choose a new favourite only because these ice creams work so perfectly with this card. This week (and no it wasn't planned for these cards) we visited the berry patch and got fresh berry ice creams. I had a pink ice cream and how gorgeous does it look with those stickers? The other side is a picture of my son with his face sticking out of a horse's bottom. Haha! I used one of the vellum phrases from last month's kits from the Maggie Holmes Open Book collection but the hearts are from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet.


This is part of the 6x8 pocket spread. I loved the 'smile' die cut. So cute and in both pictures my son was smiling and happy ~ cheeky as ever!


and as you will see in the process video I also created a Snap! 3x4 lift up pocket to hide another picture in there with some journalling. I adore this feather card. It looks so cute!

I hope you enjoyed this look at my spread using NOVA. I would love to see what you are doing with your kit. Please share on our Facebook page.

Much love.



No comments :

Post a Comment