Saturday 10 January 2015

TSK - Clara (uh oh, Adele's attempting 12x12")


Hello hello!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and brought in the New Year with those you love!

I have a confession to make.

Until two weeks ago I had never completed a 12 x 12” spread. 
I know. I have so much paper, and yet hoard those beautiful papers like there’s no tomorrow…

But after watching hours of traditional process videos, I decided to take the plunge. This is one of my latest layouts and while scrapping, I realised four factors in all of my layouts so far…

* I like using white cardstock as a base and matting it on patterned paper.
* I love layering.
* I actually like a lot of white space (which is COMPLETELY opposite to my PL)
* I am still an embellishment junkie.

I challenge you to have a look at your albums and reflect on what are your four go to’s, I would love to hear your comments below!

So here she is, another page for my wedding album using TSK – Clara as well as a few bits from my stash. I didn’t follow a sketch, just played with the embellishments until I found something that worked for me. I’m pretty happy with the result, it’s quite different to my other spreads that I have just done.


When I started looking through the Maggie Holmes Crate Paper “Open Book” floral ephemera pack (wow that’s a mouthful!) I noticed how many green-ish flowers there were…not my real go to. I actually really dislike green when I scrap, I just never can seem to make it work. So I thought, why not use them all in one layout?! I must admit, I had one and a half packs to work with, so there are a few extras in here. I decided to make a rough wreath type shape around the photo, to keep focus on the picture. 


I layered my photo on the Open Book Gold Vellum Newspaper Print, which is divine!! I thought it gave the photo something to rest on, so it wasn't just floating in the midst of a green flower sea. Lol. I thought it's delicate vellum-ness (yes, that is now a word) was enough to anchor it without overpowering. 




I added some of the turquoise Freckled Fawn resin flowers, as well as some enamel dots from my stash. I decided I needed a little cluster down the bottom corner as the layout looked a little uneven, so I used a few stickers from my stash and a piece of chipboard from the Open Book collection in the kit. 

I thought I needed a statement title and couldn’t go past these gold thickers from my stash..
I may be currently obsessed with these…



Super happy with this traditional (yet untraditional for me!) layout, I would love to hear how you have used the many floral embellishments in TSK!

Thanks for stopping by lovelies! xxx




No comments :

Post a Comment