Saturday 13 December 2014

Sophie's Pine Cone Place Cards

Hi everyone, Sophie here to show you some cute 'place cards' to decorate your table this Christmas.
To create these I first headed out to the chook yard to collect some pine cones. There were hundreds on the ground so I picked up a couple but if you don't have a tree you should be able to find some in you local $2 shop or else where.
I then spray painted them. I had ran out of white so I opted blue instead. You can use any colour you like or even leave it if that's your style.
I then took the banner stamp from the Amy Tangerine pack in Vincent, stamped it onto some white card stock and cut it out.
As you can see I added some stickers, sequins and stars punched out of patterned paper with a staple.
Below I also added some Freckled Fawn dew drops from the Camille TSK. 
I didn't glue anything down as both shapes sat perfectly in the pine cone.
If you're not keen about using these as 'place cards' you could remove the name banner and sit them on your mantel piece or coffee table.
You could even stick down the star and banner and tie some ribbon from the top to create a cute Christmas tree ornament.
Merry Christmas all. Happy blog hoping!

No comments :

Post a Comment