Friday 28 November 2014

November PLK - Willow & November BPK - Vincent - Week 37

Hello!!! It's Charmane here to share with you my Project Life with you this time!

I had a play with the November PLK Willow & also a few bits from BPK Vincent - I had the perfect event to use the kits with - my cousin Janine's wedding!


The colours were so pretty and perfect for this spread, I love the woodgrains in the PL cards and the natural wood veneer and kraft thickers were a perfect combination - especially with the touches of GOLD embellishments from the PLK!

I must admit, I usually overload my PL layouts too much with my photos, so I am really trying to cut down and use JUST my favourites, because I really want to show off the beautiful cards and embellishments that are in these wonderful kits!

What I've loved in the kits as well are the vellum pieces... and I had the idea to have a little experiment with stamping using the gorgeous stamps from the BPK Vincent kit and gold embossing powder.

Using VersaMark Watermark Ink, I have stamped onto Vellum, covered with embossing powder, shook off the excess and then have used a heat gun quickly melting to create the embossed gold look.



and WOW! I am stoked how they turned out...  I've tucked the banner behind the heart, partially overlapping the photo, stapling it to keep it in place - too easy!



And the *LOVE* Heart embossed here - love the gold!


and a close up of the 6x4 PL card... I teamed it with the gorgeous vellum in the PLK - along with the *awesome* wood veneer word from the BPK.


I also loved the idea of journalling on just one of the PL cards this time around, instead of journalling on MOST of the cards, something I usually do...



Here's the Right Side of the spread - here I've balanced out the page by combining the floral Project Life cards with the black and white wood grains and florals, along with the touch of pinks and greys in the other cards. 

After a lot of juggling around I think they have balanced nicely along with the Wood Veneers, cute tags & kraft thickers and vellum ephemera.



I hope I've inspired to have you a play with your Project Life or even get those stamps & vellum out and create your own Vellum embellishments!

Happy Creating!

XO Charm



No comments :

Post a Comment